The MediaLight Warranty
Lost your remote?
Your MediaLight includes a comprehensive 5 year warranty.
Every component is covered for 5 years from the date of purchase for every imaginable reason. This is not limited to manufacturer defects. It also covers installation goof-ups, accidental damage, loss and, yes, even theft.
If your kid throws a toy at the TV and destroys the panel, and you can't easily remove the MediaLight in one piece, a replacement MediaLight is covered under warranty too.
The MediaLight costs a bit more because we use better, more accurate LEDs and more robust components. Because of the cost of our components, we design everything with a modular approach. If something goes wrong, it's just a matter of replacing one part, not the entire system. Cheaper systems usually need to be tossed when one component breaks.
If something happens to your MediaLight, we will either identify the cause and send the necessary replacement parts, or replace the entire unit free of charge (replacement parts or units are sent by standard USPS shipping).
Examples of covered warranty claims:
- "The dog chewed my remote control"
- "I accidentally cut the power end of the light strip."
- "The basement flooded and took my TV with it."
- "The lights stopped working and I don't know why."
- "My studio was robbed" (covered if a police report is provided).
- "I botched my installation."
- Refusal to help a MediaLight representative troubleshoot the cause of a problem from a list of commonly encountered issues.
- In this situation, we cannot send replacement parts until information is provided within the warranty period.
- Intentional destruction or disposal
- Also not covered: International shipping. Aside from lost packages (see our shipping page to learn when a package is considered lost) or defective units, we do not cover international shipping. We will replace parts necessary at no charge, but will invoice the shipping before the parts are sent. It's almost always better to buy MediaLight from a dealer in your region who will cover shipping of replacement parts.
We use quality components and our MediaLight bias lights are built to last. However, if something does go wrong -- even something not usually covered by a typical warranty -- we view it as a chance to remind you of why you picked MediaLight in the first place.
If we had to compete on price, using the high quality, ultra-high CRI, ISF-certified-for-accuracy components that we use in The MediaLight, we'd be totally screwed. However, we realised that there was a gaping hole in the market when it came to accuracy, quality, service and warranty. We hold our suppliers to the same exacting standards. When we replace a part, our suppliers reimburse us.
While The MediaLight might cost slightly more, it does what it says on the tin and our bias lighting systems include everything that you need right in the box -- and that's our guarantee to you. With The MediaLight, you won't need to order a separate dimmer, remote control or power supply. You won't need to run to your hardware store for wire mounting clips, velcro straps (to tame the wires) or tools. We've included everything.
We'd prefer to focus on making great bias lights than waste our time trying to figure out whether a warranty claim is covered. (This doesn't mean that we won't ask to prove that you own the lights before sending replacement parts or replace parts on lights made by another manufacturer -- if you don't have a receipt, we may require photos of some of your components).
So, what's the catch?
- If you are an international customer, there may be shipping and customs duties owed. To avoid shipping fees on warranty claims, it's better to buy from a dealer in your region (they can send replacement parts for their orders).
- IIf you do not pay for the customs or brokerage fees (we make every attempt to minimize these) to your local postal authorities, either accidentally or intentionally, and items are not delivered to you as a result, we will only send another warranty replacement or order if you pay for all shipping charges in addition to customs, brokerage or any other fees that may exist in your country.
- If a freight forwarder in the USA was used for an order sent outside of the USA, replacement parts will also be sent to a freight forwarder unless you pay the international shipping for the replacement parts.